The National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center is partnering with the National Conservation Training Center to offer the "Climate Change Science and Management Webinar Series" to highlight NCCWSC and Climate Science Center sponsored science projects related to climate change impacts and adaptation. This webinar series was developed to inform scientists, land and resource managers, and the general public about potential and predicted climate change impacts on fish and wildlife and to help guide resource management decisions across the United States. Instructions for joining the webinars will be provided in advance on the corresponding pages (see below). Video recordings with closed captioning are made available approximately 2 weeks after each presentation. Please see the schedule of upcoming webinars below. To search for information on a specific topic, please use our website search.
If you have questions about the NCCWSC webinar series, please contact: email@example.com.
- Speaker(s): Joanna Whittier*, Craig Paukert**, Tyrell Deweber***
- Affiliation(s): *University of Missouri, **Missouri CFWRU, ***Penn State University This webinar is Part 1 in a set of two presentations. Part 2 was held on Thursday, May 9. The effects of climate change on freshwater fishes and their habitats will likely not be consistent among species or habitats so... (Read More)
- Speaker(s): Thomas Kwak
- Affiliation(s): North Carolina Cooperative Fish & Wildlife Research Unit, NC State University Global declines in the abundance and diversity of freshwater mussels have been attributed to a wide array of human activities that cause pollution, water-quality degradation, and habitat destruction. These... (Read More)
- Speaker(s): Thomas Smith
- Affiliation(s): Southeast Ecological Science Center, U.S. Geological Survey In this project we down-scaled three global climate models to a regional scale for the southeast United States. The three GCMs were the Community Climate System Model v3.0, the Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory... (Read More)
- Speaker(s): Shawn Carter
- Affiliation(s): USGS National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center The U.S. Geological Survey’s National Climate Change and Wildlife Science Center (NCCWSC) works to provide natural resource managers with the scientific tools and information they need to develop and execute management... (Read More)
- Speaker(s): John Takekawa
- Affiliation(s): Western Ecological Research Center Coastal land managers are faced with many challenges and uncertainties in planning adaptive strategies for conserving coastal habitats at the land-sea interface under future climate change scenarios. As transitional... (Read More)